CH3 BioSystems is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and providing a safe online experience for all our users.
We collect two types of information during Web visits:
- information that you submit to us; and
- information automatically recorded by our computer server.
We will never intentionally collect any information from children or minors. No part of the CH3 BioSystems website is targeted to children or minors.
Please be assured that we will not sell or rent information collected during visits to the Website to any third party. However, we may need to provide such information to a third party if required by third-party license agreements, by grant obligations, or by law.
Information you submit
If you choose to provide us with additional information about yourself through an email message, form, survey, etc., we will not provide this information to any third parties. Forms submitted may include some “required information” that is necessary to process the request and to communicate with you. These forms also include “optional” information, which you can provide at your discretion and is used to help us better serve you and your organization. The information you submit is maintained on a confidential basis and used to provide a high level of personalization, value and customer support to the users of CH3 BioSystems Web site.
Information collected automatically
Our computer server(s) operating the Website automatically collect statistical information on site traffic and usage patterns (e.g., how many people visit the site, frequently visited pages, browsers used, etc.). Data about visits is analyzed in aggregate with many other visits to give us information about the effectiveness of the Website. An example of the use of this aggregate information would be analyzing this information to identify specific Web pages to improve what would enhance the overall functionality of the Website.
Standard information collected about individual Website visits
The standard information that is automatically collected and stored about your visit to our Website includes:
- The domain name from which you access the Internet. For example, if you connect to the Internet through America Online, the domain name is aol.com.
- The name and version of your computer’s operating system and browser. For example, Windows, Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- The Internet protocol address of the computer you use to access the Internet. An Internet protocol address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you log on to your Internet service provider.
- The Internet address of the Website from which you come to our site if you do not directly type in www.ch3biosystems.com.
- The date, time, and duration of your visit to our site, and the pages you visit.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie-acceptance option in your browser settings. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Information use and sharing
We treat information about visits to our Website with the utmost respect and attention to confidentiality. This information is critically important to providing a high level of individualized service to our site visitors. Information collected from Website visits is used to help ensure that your experience with our Website is productive, time efficient, helpful and personalized.
Please be assured that we will not sell or rent information gathered during visits to the Website to any third party. However, we may need to provide some of this information to a third party if required by third party license agreements, by grant obligations or by law.
Use and sharing of personal information
The CH3 BioSystems uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions. The CH3 BioSystems may use personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address and company to engage in transactions with you, including contacting you about your order.
- To process transactions. The CH3 BioSystems may use the financial/credit card and payment information to process your order. The CH3 BioSystems may need to share some of this information with delivery services, credit card clearing houses and other similarly situated third parties to complete the transaction.
- To provide support or other services. The CH3 BioSystems may use your personal information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as updates and other similar communications.
- To tailor information to your needs and respond to your requests. The CH3 BioSystems also may use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters or other specific requests.
- To select content, improve quality and facilitate the use of the websites. The CH3 BioSystems may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third-party cookies), to help create and personalize Website content, facilitate your use of the Website (for example, to facilitate navigation, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, improve Website quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, and evaluate page response rates.
Occasionally, we post surveys on the Website. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary. By choosing to participate in a survey on the Website, the survey participant gives us consent to use information in the survey and to disclose results in aggregate with other survey responses. Some examples of uses for survey information include, but are not limited to, monitoring use of and satisfaction with the Website and helping guide our priorities for improving this site.
If you have registered for our courses and/or services, and have supplied an email address, you will receive emails pertaining to your subscription and/or registration. These are sent in order to maintain your account with CH3 BioSystems. You can “opt-out” from receiving these types of emails by using the opt-out mechanism located within a received email message. Other newsletters are permission-based where users can opt-in and opt-out.
Security and encryption
We use reasonable precautions to protect against loss of, misuse of, alteration of, or unauthorized access to information provided through the use of the Website. We are not responsible for any breach of neither security nor any subsequent actions of any third parties that may receive information provided through the use of the Website as a result of such a breach.
Security related to sensitive information
When our order forms ask users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected using a 256-bit SSL for encryption and authentication.